The following education and licensing requirements must be obtained before one can practice as a California board-licensed Chiropractic Doctor:
- Although, not required, bachelors degree is recommended as well as completion of all required basic science pre-requisites prior to acceptance into chiropractic school.
- Complete a 4 year chiropractic program and receive a Doctor of Chiropractic at one of the nations nationally accredited chiropractic institutions. Course work includes:
- 2,400+ classroom hours in anatomy, physiology, pathology, biochemistry, clinical diagnosis, pharmacology,bio-mechanics, philosophy, adjusting techniques, physiotherapy, nutrition, neurology, minor surgery, and more.
- 2,100+ hours of combined laboratory courses and clinical internship rotations.
- Pass all 4 parts of national chiropractic board exams and California state jurisprudence examination prior to applying for licensure.
- Receive a California Chiropractic Doctor license from the California Board of Chiropractic Examiners.
- Maintain continuing education requirements necessary for annual license renewal.